What happens when Black Forest Gateau meets Cherry Bakewell…!? The result, is something truly magical!
Why wait to have dessert, when you could be enjoying it for breakfast as overnight oats? Creamy Cherry Bakewell oats, sweet cherries and a black cherry & cacao dark chocolate ganache make this a truly tasty breakfast treat.
For the oats layer:
• 40g Oat Pantry Cherry Bakewell Porridge Oats
• 100ml unsweetened almond milk
For the Chocolate Ganache layer:
• 1.5 tsp Butter Belle Black Cherry & Cacao Almond Butter
• 2 tbsp dark cocoa powder
• 2.5 tbsp water
• 1 tsp maple syrup
For the Raspberry & Cherry Jam layer
• Small handful of frozen cherries & raspberries
• 1 tbsp chia seeds
• 1/2 tsp maple syrup
1. In our overnight oats jar, glass or bowl mix together the oats and almond milk, then microwave for 1 & 1/2 minutes and mix again. Leave to sit and firm up whilst you prepare the other layers.
2. To make the jam, place into a small bowl the frozen raspberries, cherries, chia seeds and maple syrup. Microwave for 1 minute, then take out of the microwave and mash together with a fork.
3. Top your oats with the jam, place in freezer whilst you prepare the ganache, this allows the warm jam layer time to set.
4. Mix together in a separate small bowl the Butter Belle Black Cherry & Cacao Almond Butter, cocoa powder, water and maple syrup, until you get a thick paste. Then spoon over the top of your mixture.
4. We topped ours with optional flaked almonds and more frozen raspberries and cherry pieces.
5. Leave in the fridge for at least 3 hours or overnight.