We have to say, baked oats are officially becoming our new favourite weekend breakfast. And with blueberry muffin inspired baked oats, you definitely can’t go wrong!
• 40g Oat Pantry Cinnamon Bun Porridge Oats
• 1 level tsp of maple syrup or your sweetener of choice
• 3/4 tsp of baking powder
• 1 small egg or chia/flaxseed egg for a vegan friendly version (replace an egg with 1 tablespoon of chia seeds or ground flaxseeds mixed with 3 tablespoons of water and let the mixture sit for 15 to 20 minutes or you can prepare it the night before)
• 100g plain yoghurt of your choice
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• small handful of frozen blueberries
1. Preheat your oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6.
2. Place all the ingredients in a bowl (excluding the frozen blueberries) and mix together well. Then mix in half the blueberries into the mixture.
3. Transfer the mixture to a small ovenproof dish. Place the other half of the blueberries into the top of the mixture. Press them in lightly.
4. Then bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes, or until browned.
5. We then drizzled a teaspoon of smooth peanut butter on top.