These Blueberry Oat Muffins are super moist and delicious. They are vegan, gluten-free, and refined sugar-free and only slightly sweetened with maple syrup. You can enjoy these muffins as is with blueberries, or we love experimenting with other berries. How amazing would frozen cherries be with our Oat Pantry Cherry Bakewell Porridge Oats!
Serves: 10 – 12 muffins
- 1 ½ cups oat flour – to make the oat flour simply blend some oats in a food processor, we recommend using our Simply Nutty, Maple & Pecan or Cherry Bakewell Porridge Oats.
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup almond milk
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar (this along with with baking soda acts as an 1 egg substitute)
- 1 cup plain coconut yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¾ cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- ½ cup almonds, chopped or sliced
- 1 ¼ cups oats -match this with the flavour of Oat Pantry porridge oats chosen for the oat flour.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Add the oat flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt into a large bowl. Mix until fully combined.
- Add almond milk, apple cider vinegar, maple syrup, coconut yogurt, and vanilla. Stir until fully combined and smooth.
- Add the berries, almonds, and Oat Pantry Porridge Oats. Gently stir until combined.
- Line a 12 cup muffin tin with baking cups or lightly grease with coconut oil. Scoop the mixture evenly into each cup, you should get between 10-12 muffins.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.