Step aside strawberries and raspberries, there’s a new jam in town and it makes a seriously tasty topping to our overnights oats.
We prepared a jar of overnight oats using our Oat Pantry Maple & Pecan Porridge. See our other blog post here on how to make overnight oats. Then topped it with our homemade banana jam, added a sprinkling of cashew nuts, sliced banana, a cube of dark chocolate broken in half and a drizzle of Seadfoods Chocolate Sesame Butter.
If you’d like to give our banana jam recipe a go, follow the below instructions.
• 2 medium or 3 small ripe bananas, mashed
• 1/2 cup / 85g coconut sugar
• 1/4 cup / 57g butter or vegan butter spread
• 3 tablespoons lemon juice
• 2 teaspoons cinnamon
• 1 tablespoon vanilla extract or to taste
1. In a medium saucepan combine bananas, coconut sugar, butter, lemon juice, and heat uncovered over medium to medium-high heat, allowing mixture to come to a boil.
2. Allow mixture to boil uncovered for about 15 minutes, or until thickened to desired level. FYI jam continues to thicken as it cools. Stir occasionally and make temperature adjustments to the hob so mixture doesn’t burn.
3. Turn heat to low, and add the cinnamon and vanilla extract and stir to combine. You might want to add less than the full amount listed all at once, and first taste your jam and see what it needs, then add the vanilla and cinnamon bit by bit.