Overnight Oats are the perfect make-ahead breakfast.
Due to their high fibre content, oats are incredibly filling. One serving of our oats will keep you satisfied and free from sugar cravings until lunchtime.
These Toffee Apple Overnight Oats will have you eating dessert for breakfast while getting a nutritious serving of whole grains.
For the oats
- 40g Oat Pantry Maple & Pecan Porridge Oats
- 100ml Unsweetened Almond Milk
For the toffee apple compote
- 1 tablespoon butter or vegan butter substitute
- 1 large apple peeled, cored, and diced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons date syrup
- 1 tablespoon water
For the oats
- Combine oats and almond milk in a jar, put the lid on and leave to soak in the fridge overnight. In the morning give your overnight oats a good stir, to ensure all ingredients are mixed well.
For the apple compote
- Add butter, apples, cinnamon, date syrup and water to a medium saucepan. Stir over medium heat for 3-5 minutes until apples are very tender.
- Remove from heat and cool completely.
- To serve, in the morning top your oats with the toffee apple compote.
Variations on this recipe:
- We like to eat our Toffee Apple Overnight Oats cold, but you could also heat them up in the microwave for a few seconds (please ensure you use a microwave safe dish for this). Alternatively, you can prepare the toffee apple compote in the morning and serve it as a hot topping for your overnight oats.
- Feel free to swap almond milk for your favourite vegan nut milk. Cashew, hazelnut and coconut milk all work really well.