Want to feel like you’re eating cake for breakfast? Then you need to try this Cinnamon Roll Baked Oats recipe. It looks and tastes like a cinnamon roll but is healthy, packed with nutrients and is the best way to start your morning.
Makes 1 large serving.
- ½ ripe banana mashed
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- ¾ cup (68g) Oat Pantry Cinnamon Bun oat flour (made from blending our Oat Pantry Cinnamon Bun Porridge Oats)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon almond flour or more oat flour (made from blending our Oat Pantry Cinnamon Bun Porridge Oats)
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- In a mixing bowl, combine the mashed banana, coconut oil, maple syrup and mix. Then add the dry ingredients: oat flour, salt, baking powder, and almond flour or extra oat flour until a dough forms. You don’t want the dough to be too sticky so add more oat flour as required, so you can get it to a consistency where you can roll it.
- Next, in a separate small bowl, mix together the cinnamon and coconut sugar. Then roll out the dough you prepared previously and brush with more melted coconut oil, and then sprinkle on the cinnamon sugar to one side of the dough (this will be the inner side when you come to roll the dough). Cut the dough into four equal strips and start rolling. You can either make 4 separate rolls, or combine them all together, which is what we did to make this one large baked oats roll.
- Then, bake the roll in a ramekin dish or mug (ensuring what you choose to use is oven safe) at 180 degrees Celsius for about 10 minutes.
- If you’d like to add the vanilla ‘icing’ we have drizzled on top, simply mix one tablespoon of plain yoghurt of your choosing with one teaspoon of vanilla protein powder, and a dash of water and mix together. You could also just use vanilla flavoured yoghurt.