Looking for Christmas treat ideas? Our Carrot Cake Rudolph Muffins recipe will fill you with the festive inspiration you need.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
- 150g coconut sugar
- 120ml milk of choice
- 240g smooth apple puree
- 50g dairy free butter, melted
- 200g Oat Pantry Carrot Cake Porridge Oats, blended to a fine powder
- 100g ground almonds
- 50g sultanas
- Large pinch of salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- 120g carrot, peeled, grated and excess moisture squeezed out
- 300g vegan cream cheese
- 2 tbsp agave
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 tbsp cornflour
- Edible eyes
- Gluten free pretzels
- Red sugar free coated chocolate balls
- Pre-heat an oven to 180oc and line a muffin tin with 12 muffin cases.
- Whisk together all the wet ingredients in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl combine all the dry ingredients.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and fold in until combined and you have a smooth mixture.
- Spoon the muffin batter evenly into each of the 12 muffin cases.
- Bake in the oven for 25 – 30 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean when inserted into the middle.
- Allow to cool completely before decorating.
- To make the icing, whisk together all the ingredients until you get a stiff silky smooth cream cheese icing.
- To decorate, place the icing in a piping bag with a round nozzle. Starting on the outside, go around in circles piping in a continuous swirl motion until the entire muffin is covered.
- Finish with 2 edible eyes, a Rudolph nose and 2 antlers on each muffin for the antlers.
** To make the smooth apple puree. Peel and chop 2 – 3 apples, place in a saucepan with a splash of water and cook down until soft. Allow to cool a little and then puree.