This ‘Cherry Bakewell Baked Oats’ recipe is just like your classic Bakewell dessert but in a deliciously warm Baked Oats version, making it the ideal breakfast choice to serve friends and family with a good dollop of Cherry Yoghurt.
• 40g Oat Pantry Cherry Bakewell Porridge Oats
• 1 level tsp of maple syrup or your sweetener of choice
• 1 small egg or chia/flaxseed egg for a vegan friendly version (replace an egg with 1 tablespoon of chia seeds or ground flaxseeds mixed with 3 tablespoons of water and let the mixture sit for 15 to 20 minutes or you can prepare it the night before)
• 100g plain yoghurt
• small handful of flaked almonds
• 1 tbsp of cherry jam
1. Preheat your oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6.
2. Place all the ingredients in a bowl (excluding the cherry jam and flaked almonds) and mix together well. Transfer the mixture to a small ovenproof dish. Add the tbsp of cherry jam to the centre of your mixture and sprinkle the flaked almonds around the jam (you can lightly press the almonds into the oat mixture). Then bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes, or until browned.