We’re taking it old school with our breakfast inspiration. If you’re looking for something utterly delicious to fuel you through the day, then this baked oats recipe is the one for you.
• 40g Oat Pantry Maple & Pecan Pie Porridge Oats blended into a flour consistency
• 1 level tsp of maple syrup or your sweetener of choice
• 3/4 tsp of baking powder
• 1 small egg or chia/flaxseed egg for a vegan friendly version (replace an egg with 1 tablespoon of chia seeds or ground flaxseeds mixed with 3 tablespoons of water and let the mixture sit for 15 to 20 minutes or you can prepare it the night before)
• 100g plain yoghurt of your choice
• 1-2 tbsp of strawberry jam
• to serve – Alpro soya vanilla custard
1. Preheat your oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6.
2. Place all the ingredients in a bowl (excluding the jam and custard) and mix together well.
3. Transfer the mixture to a small ovenproof dish.
4. Partially bake in the oven for 15 mins, take out the oven and score the top of the baked oats with a swirl using a knife. Follow the score line with your strawberry jam to create a delicious roll in your baked oats.
4. Then place back in the oven for a further 10-15 mins, or until browned.
5. Serve with cold or warm Alpro Soya Custard.