A fun twist on carrot cake! Soft & chewy oat cookies with all the flavours of Carrot Cake and all the goodness of oats.
• 1 egg/flax egg/chia egg (1 tbsp of flaxseeds/chia seeds + 2.5 tbsp water, leave to soak for 15 mins)
• 1/2 cup/113g butter/vegan spread (Pure Dairy Free is a good option for baking)
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• 1/2 cup/95g coconut sugar
• 1 cup/125g plain flour/gluten free flour
• 2 cups/180g fine blended Oat Pantry Carrot Cake Porridge Oats
• 1 tsp baking powder
• 1/2 tsp cinnamon
• 1/3 cup/53g of mixed dried fruit (raisins, orange peel or just raisins is fine)
• A few tsps of Butter Belle Gingerbread Almond Butter
1. Pre-heat oven to 170 degrees Celsius. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. In a bowl mix together the egg/flaxseed or chia egg, butter and vanilla extra until well combined.
3. Slowly add in all the other dry ingredients, mixing as you go, until all ingredients are thoroughly mixed.
4. Using a table spoon, make 9/10 balls of cookie dough and place on the pre-prepared baking tray, create a little well in the middle of each cookie with your finger and spoon in about 1/2 tsp of Gingerbread Almond Butter, then cover the nut butter with some of the cookie dough. So the nut butter is fully covered.
5. Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes, until nicely golden. Then leave to cool and enjoy!