Cinnamon Bun Baked Oats topped with a sweet cinnamon drizzle and coconut glaze, you’ll feel like you’re treating yourself to dessert for breakfast but with all the health benefits of oats. What more could you ask for in a breakfast recipe?!
Of all the amazing baked oats we’ve created, we have to say, this cinnamon bun baked oats is our new favourite! The soft and moist texture is like that of bread & butter pudding mixed with a flavour that tastes just like a cinnamon bun!
For the Baked Oats
- 50g Oat Pantry Cinnamon & Raisin Porridge Oats
- 1 level tsp of maple syrup or your sweetener of choice
- 1 small egg or chia/flaxseed egg for a vegan friendly version (replace an egg with 1 tablespoon of chia seeds or ground flaxseeds mixed with 3 tablespoons of water and let the mixture sit for 15 to 20 minutes or you can prepare it the night before)
- 100g plain yoghurt
- A few drops of vanilla extract
For the Cinnamon Drizzle
- 2.5 tablespoons unsalted butter or vegan butter, melted
- 1/4 cup / 42g coconut sugar
- 1/4 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp melted coconut butter to drizzle on top or your favourite nut butter
- Preheat your oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6.
- Place all the ingredients in a bowl and mix together well. Transfer the mixture to our Oat Pantry Baked Oats Dish and bake in the oven for 25 minutes, or until browned.
- While the oats bake, prepare the cinnamon topping by mixing the butter, coconut sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl until well combined.
- You can use a spoon, a pastry bag or ziptop plastic bag with the corner snipped off to add the cinnamon drizzle to the top of the oats. If the cinnamon drizzle seems to runny, you can chill it in the refrigerator for a few minutes.
- Allow baked oats to cool for about 5-10 minutes before adding the cinnamon drizzle. Then with a spoon lightly drizzle the optional coconut butter to create a glaze or your favourite nut butter.
- Enjoy warm with or without a little milk.