We’ve given the traditional flapjack an Oat Pantry twist using our Carrot Cake Porridge Oats. They are vegan friendly with a simple vegan butter substitution, refined sugar free and can easily be made gluten free by using gluten free flour.
• 175g Oat Pantry Carrot Cake Porridge Oats
• 40g plain flour (gluten free flour can be used here)
• 50g mixed nuts (we used extra walnuts and pecans) roughly chopped
• 50g raisins
• 25g mixed seeds (sunflower and pumpkin)
• 100g dairy free butter (we used Vitalite)
• 87g maple syrup
• 100g coconut sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 160C/325F/gas mark 3. Grease a square baking tin (this mixture makes approx. 9 flapjacks) and line with baking paper.
2. Mix together the oats, flour, nuts, raisins and seeds in a large bowl.
3. Place the vegan butter, maple syrup and coconut sugar in a pan over a low heat. Heat, stirring occasionally, until melted and smooth.
4. Pour the syrup into the oats and stir until thoroughly combined.
5. Pour the mixture into the baking tin, spread it out level and press down firmly until compacted.
6. Bake for 25 minutes until set and golden (they will still be a little soft to the touch and will firm up a lot as they cool).
6. Leave to cool for 10 minutes then cut into slices while still in the tin. Leave to cool completely then take them out. Store in an airtight container for up to 10 days.