For the Muffin Base
- 2 tbsp. ground flax seeds combined with 1/4 cup water mixed together and allowed to sit for about ten minutes
- 1 cup whole wheat flour/gluten free flour
- 3/4 cup Oat Pantry Cherry Bakewell Porridge Oats
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 3/4 cup milk of choice
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted
- 1/4 cup coconut blossom sugar
- 1 tsp. almond extract
- 1 cup fresh cherries pitted and chopped
For the Topping
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius. Line a baking tray with 12 muffin cases.
- Mix your topping ingredients together in small bowl.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine the muffin base ingredients, starting with flour, oats, salt and baking powder.
- Add next three ingredients and flax seed mixture that you’d premade. Stir just until mixed.
- Fold in the cherries.
- Divide batter evenly among the muffin cases.
- Sprinkle each muffin with a bit of topping mix.
- Bake for about twenty minutes or until springy and topping begins to brown.